Are you passionate about the ServiceNow platform and its possibilities to realize flow in people’s work? Do you see a challenge in delivering great ServiceNow solutions for the customers, so they remain in control of their increasingly complex and changing IT environments? Do you want to make an impact in challenging and complex projects for global operating customers? This is your chance to join our client in the role of Technical Consultant - IT Operations Management!
As a Technical Consultant - in IT Operations Management you will join a team of enthusiastic, eager-to-learn Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) specialists. You will get to work in high-impact and challenging projects at large national and international organizations in the financial, energy, telecom, and high-technology industries. You will be based in the Utrecht office or at the customer premises. You will work in a project environment focused on delivering true value to a customer. Depending on the project, you work on automating and integrating IT Operations Management in green field implementations. It is therefore very important that you understand what is required to keep IT running and are both IT and Business mind oriented, connecting both worlds. Join our client and share your knowledge and experience to help further realize true flow experiences!
What will you do?
- As an ITOM consultant, you analyze PaaS potential by identifying the current and future application landscape.
- Implement (automated) Configuration Management processes and infrastructure or software automation.
- Setup ServiceNow Discovery Services and therefore understand the infrastructure components and their relations supporting a business service.
- Provide transparency into a company’s infrastructure and allow these companies to continuously monitor the status of services, immediately responding to a component malfunction when needed.
- With ServiceNow, you will make event management work as it should.
- Define and Implement auto-remediation activities to ensure infrastructure components can be restored automatically after an error event (e.g., add CPU, storage, memory, reset processes, etc.).
- Develop and implement standard IT operation management methodologies, assets, and automation tasks in the infrastructure to ensure short delivery time and higher flexibility for the business.
- Obtain and clarify customer needs and wants around PaaS applications.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer science or any related field
- 1-4 years of experience in IT infrastructure (e.g., network engineer, system engineer)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong passion for automation
- Fluency in the English language. Dutch skills are a plus
- Good communication skills, result-oriented
- Creative and able to work in an analytical manner in a problem-solving environment
- Technical background with experience in scripting and/or REST
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Bonus based on company performance
- Pension scheme
- Holiday allowance (25 days based on a full-time contract)
- Modern laptop
- Transportation, internet, and phone allowance
- A challenging position with lots of room to grow
- A modern, flexible, and multicultural workplace at an innovative and global company
- Ambitious and kind colleagues from all over the world